Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"P is for Play!" - Happiest Toddler on the Block

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines what we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create" - Albert Einstein.
This is just another reason to sit down with your toddler and draw, doodle, bake a cake or play with blocks! I am amazed at how much Ava learns and parrots things during our playtime together. I am currently reading "The Happiest Toddler on the Block"... it kinda fell into my lap on accident but boy am I glad that it did! My toddler is not really unruly, BUT I don't pretend to know everything and it certainly can't hurt to gain a new perspective on all things parenting. The book talks about a toddlers brain in comparison to a grown adult and it goes on to show why/how you can't communicate in the same way. It offers suggestions and solid ideas on how to control tantrums and end them before then erupt into disasters. I found this video on youtube and people sure do have a lot to say. In the book, the issues listed in the comments are actually addressed. I am going to give FFR and Toddler-ese a shot! WHY NOT!?

No comments:

Post a Comment