Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Woes of a working mom...

As a working mom I would imagine it is impossible to not question how this affects your child. I am thrilled to have read an article that shows that 50 years of research says it's good for children to have working mothers! You can read the article HERE. My mom was a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom) and I thank her for that but she has always encouraged me to do the opposite because she felt that I would be happier having some independence both mentally and financially in my family life. Having had a nice length of maternity leave, I definitely agree with her. This doesn't mean it is right for everyone. I get SAHM envy all the time! Especially on the gorgeous days where I wish I was picnicking in the park with my daughter. But, for me the balance works best with me having a job other then being a full time mom.

.I am proud of the fact that I work because I want to be a positive role model for my growing daughter. I want her to be whatever she wants to be and work if she wants to and be a stay at home mom if she wants to! Anything goes! Personally, I feel like the time I have with Ava is precious to me because I only get 3 full days a week with her by myself, so I do my very best to make every day count. When I was on maternity leave I cherished my time of course, but I also had many a day where I felt like the night couldn't come quick enough or I prayed for a long nap so I could just do something or read something not having to do with poop or baby food.
To all you Stay at home Moms, I think your fabulous and pass no judgements upon you! But for me, work is the right move. :) 
Monday's are the hardest though after having come off of a great weekend with my family, and on those days I just look at this picture and remember how blessed I am and who I have waiting for me at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment